Monday, June 29, 2009

For the birds. . .


I enjoy watching and feeding the wild birds that visit my yard. There are lots of them. I have birdfeeders and birdhouses (that I made myself!) here and there and I often enjoy sitting on my swing to listen and watch.

I have a pair of Carolina Wrens who have called my butterfly garden home for the past couple of years. They have built nests and hung out - singing their sweet songs as I sit and watch them.

Yesterday I noticed a nest in a tree limb about 20 feet up - directly over my butterfly garden. I took a pic and decided to keep an eye open for the birds that might have built it.

Today I think I saw the builders - a pair of Robins. The nest is too high for me to know if there are babies in it, but I'll keep an eye on it to see if I can figure out what's shakin'.

No comments: